Managing the impactful change CRM can have on your entire enterprise is fundamental to CRM implmentation success. In our recent survey, we learned that less than 75% of intended users at companies with CRM implementations are actually using it, and 45% of companies are struggling with user adoption.
Consider the following best practices:
- Understand that CRM is an enterprise application, not a point solution
- Avoid piecing together a solution from the bottom up, drive it from top-down strategy and alignment
- Be certain to address risks up front by determining organizational readiness for change
- Include CRM change management in your implementation plan with strategies to address identified risk
- Develop end-user training and/or train-the-trainer programs tailored for your work force to improve CRM adoption
The above CRM best practices are often neglected. Effective change management will not only reduce disruption of business processes, but will also ensure increased CRM adoption. Forcing more complex internal procedures on end users, introducing poor quality or disconnected data, or delivering an ineffective or confusing interface will degrade user adoption and forever taint the solution.
We can help determine the potential impact of the strategic goals of CRM upon the affected business unit(s). Our approach will bring the business into alignment with overall goals, highlight areas where the business must change to support them, and define communication and training plans to manage the change.
Click here to download our white paper,
Visit our Business Advisory Services pages to learn more about our Change Management expertise.