Reporting and Analytics
Reporting and Analytics encompass the methods in which end-users consume data from a data warehouse. Robust reporting and analytical capabilities allow an organization to leverage data to the fullest extent. Having a solid data foundation is great, but if your users cannot access or interpret data, investment in a data warehouse or other environment will not succeed. Edgewater views reporting and analytics on three levels:
- Reporting – Information dissemination in the form of standard reporting, ad-hoc reporting, alerts, dashboards and multi-dimensional reporting. Reporting generally looks at what's happened in the past.
- Base Analytics – Capabilities to help determine why things happened. Base analytics include scorecards, trend analysis, forecast to actual, and basic data mining.
- Advanced Analytics – Ability to predict future behavior. Advanced analytics include cluster analysis, predictive analytics, decision trees, simulation/scenario planning, and predictive analytcis.
Reporting and Base Analytics Assessment and Strategy
Many organizations have an overabundance of reporting and analytical tools in use. While having options is always good, an excess can lead to increased costs in support, licensing and development. Additionally, these tools often apply different rules to data that can lead to conflicting, and often costly, results. Standardizing on a set of reporting and analytical tools can result in significant cost savings and streamlined operations. Edgewater can provide an assessment of the current environment and development of a strategy to move your organization to a set of tools that meet your unique demands.
Reporting and Base Analytics Design and Implementation Services
eporting and analytics platforms can take many different forms to serve many different purposes. Some organizations simply require a mechanism to generate and distribute standard reporting while others want to fully empower end users with a true self-service environment. Edgewater has extensive experience in designing and implementing a wide range of capabilities including:
- Multi-dimensional reporting and analysis engines
- Relational reporting structures
- Management and operational dashboards and scorecards
- User self-service interfaces
- Operational alerts
Advanced Analytical Applications
Data should be a critical strategic asset. The Big Data trend is driven by the furious pace at which data is both being created and collected. Many companies aren't exploiting that data to project business trends into future opportunities. Advanced analytical applications span the spectrum from financial (ex. determining the impact of certain events on net revenue) to logistics (ex. predicting future staffing levels) to quality of services (ex. determining the impact of certain changes to patient care).
Predictive Analytics Spectrum
All of these applications (and more) require a solid data foundation for predictive capabilities. Establishing an advanced analytical platform requires business and technical expertise. Edgewater’s data and industry experts collaborate to traverse the complex landscape of predictive analytics. Our advanced analytics offerings range from predictive analytics prototypes to full advanced analytical platforms.